Friday 9 October 2015

God's Wisdom

October 09, 2015:  Today is an important day because I just finished my final exam and all other requirements for one of the major courses needed in my Theology program upgrade. To complete this course, I needed to:
-  Listen to 28 lectures with an average length of 45 minutes per lecture
-  Complete the Final Examination
-  Submit 3 term papers
-  Read the entire New Testament
Still a long way to go for me...I just deal with it one course at a time.

I'm amazed with the wisdom, strength and guidance that comes from the Lord for me to be able to finish this in spite of all the busyness with my full time job as Accountant, my pastoral role and of course, my family responsibilities.  It's unbelievable!  All glory to Him alone and of course, I thank God for my family's love and support.

From my devotion today, I read from Solid Joys (Devotional from Pastor John Piper of Desiring God).  It talks about God's wisdom.



We preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to the Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 
(1 Corinthians 1:23–24)

Excerpts from today's devotional:
The good news is that God himself has decreed a way to satisfy the demands of his justice without condemning the whole human race.  Hell is one way to settle accounts with sinners and uphold his justice. But there is another way.

The wisdom of God has ordained a way for the love of God to deliver us from the wrath of God without compromising the justice of God.

And what is this wisdom? The death of the Son of God for sinners!
The death of Christ is the wisdom of God by which the love of God saves sinners from the wrath of God, all the while upholding and demonstrating the righteousness of God in Christ."

God's wisdom is obviously a far cry from any other kind of wisdom. Man may have achieved a lot but it is nothing compared to God's wisdom.  Just look at the vastness of the universe alone, it can tell us that we are not even as big as a tiny speck of dust, much more with our so-called accomplishments.  I think His greatest manifestation of that wisdom is when He sent Jesus to this world for our redemption!

1st Corinthians 3:19 says "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight."





No comments:

Post a Comment