Saturday 7 February 2015

Forfeiting our Soul

"What profit is a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul..." (Matthew 16:26)



This has been my life verse...the very words of our Lord Jesus Christ.  A lot of people in our time today are so preoccupied with the desire to get a sense of approval from others.  What drives them are usually pursuit of material pleasures as well as admiration of men.  Jesus is simply telling us that there are far more important things than worldly desires...these are things with eternal value.  At the end of our short life here on earth, what counts the most are actually those things that we "cannot count"  and surely this world and its desires will pass away.   There are things that will last for eternity, these are the intangibles...actions that glorify God like love Him and others... those things will surely yield eternal rewards.  

Let's start focusing on those things that bring glory to Him.  We are designed by God to do good works!

Prayer
Wherever you are, whatever you situation you may be -- you need the love of Jesus in your life.
Please say this prayer sincerely from your heart:  
Father God, I confess all my sins to you today.  Please forgive me.  Today, I open my heart to your Son Jesus Christ.  I accept Him in my life as my Savior and as my Lord.  May the Holy Spirit come to my life and make me the kind of person you want me to be.  In Jesus Name, I pray.  Amen.

I apologize if there are grammatical and spelling errors.  
If you are looking for a church in British Columbia, Canada please visit our website at:
 www.wordchristianfellowship.com

No comments:

Post a Comment