Monday 19 January 2015

Navigating Our True North



It is very important for sailors to be very certain about their directions whenever they sail out on a journey.    The success of their journey depends largely to how well they know their directions. 

Same is true in life.  One important question to ask is whether we are navigating based on “true north” or “magnetic north.”  There’s a big difference between the two - magnetic north changes based on the earth’s magnetic field while true north is a fixed direction.   As we navigate through life, it is very important that we are pointing at the right direction… something that does not change or depend on things that vary.  Magnetic north represents the direction that this world is telling us to take.  It may appear very attractive at first and it may result in momentary pleasures but destruction is waiting in the end.



I flew to Henderson, NV last January 1 for work,  landing at Las Vegas airport.  As the airplane descended I saw the city of Las Vegas in the midst of darkness like an island made of gold with different colors and bright lights.  What an amazing view!  What an attractive destination!  But then I realized that I am bound to a different place… I was going somewhere else!

Hebrews 12:2a says we should be “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.”   Jesus is our true north.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He does not change like shifting shadows and His love for us is beyond measure.  

Navigating our true north means being certain that Jesus lives in us and we look up to Him in everything that we do.  It means being guided by His words and being filled with the Holy Spirit. 

PRAYER
Wherever you are, whatever you situation you may be -- you need the love of Jesus in your life.
Please say this prayer sincerely from your heart:  
Father God, I confess all my sins to you today.  Please forgive me.  Today, I open my heart to your Son Jesus Christ.  I accept Him in my life as my Savior and as my Lord.  May the Holy Spirit come to my life and make me the kind of person you want me to be.  In Jesus Name, I pray.  Amen.



(I apologize if there are grammatical and spelling errors.  
If you are looking for a church in British Columbia, Canada please visit our website for more information at www.wordchristianfellowship.com

No comments:

Post a Comment